martes, noviembre 1

dear diary

Last night I went to see one of my dearest friends play at House of Blues opening for Mr. Gwen Stefani, erm - Gavin Rossdale's new project (Institute). It was nice to see said friend's band (Big City Rock) evolve. It was the first time I saw them with their new line up (complete with backing vocals) even though they've played as a five-piece for quite some time, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Said friend just purchased the flashy, new 60g ipod with photo and video and had no means to upload any songs. "Can we put songs on my ipod?" he asked. And, him being one of my oldest friends, I couldn't deny the favor. So after a long while of initializing and setting up (and myself having to upgrade to itunes 6.whatever) the songs started ripping. It took overnight to complete the task, and in the morning he said out loud what I was thinking inside, "My god, this is like taking your diary and reading it." So now he's out on tour somewhere with my very bad songs, my very good songs, and my very personal collection of others. He has all the little musical relationships I've got in the palm of his hand. Sure, its a little daunting, but on the other hand it is so nice to be able to share the little imperfetions in musical taste with a whole 'nother human being. I at least hope he laughs from time to time.

And that's that... I sent him off this morning with the little black rectangle in hand full of the soundtrack of my life.


(((If you're reading this, send me an email that says macaroni.)))

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora