See the video here: http://bit.ly/tansu-teaser
viernes, febrero 26
CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival Editorial Director
CMJ is hiring an Editorial Director for the CMJ Music Marathon and Film Festival 2010. The candidate must be up to speed on the chaotic, volatile nature of today's music business, passionately driven and able to think outside the box.
- Conceptualize and create all text for Marathon in print and online
- Editing, copywriting and layout of the print CMJ Festival Guide
- Work closely with all Marathon departments: graphic design, marketing, showcase, IT, Film Festival to visually and editorially develop support materials and all Marathon text
- Ability to multi-task and work on short deadlines as needed
- Develop and organize schedule
- Liaise between each department head to be abreast of date-sensitive and logistical information pertaining to each facet of Marathon
Experience: Minimum of 3 years professional editorial experience, strong interest in emerging music industry and a working knowledge of film. Must have excellent copywriting skills, editing skills and attention to detail.
To apply, please e-mail resume, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com with the subject "CMJ Marathon Editorial Director."
Posted by Celesté @ 10:35:00 a. m.
jueves, febrero 25
miércoles, febrero 24
Posted by Celesté @ 12:21:00 p. m.
MANIFESTEQUALITYArt GalleryTo Open in Hollywood, CA.Creative Community comes together to raise visibilityfor Equal Rights with artworks reflecting the themes ofEquality, Justice, Respect, Unity, Civil Rights and Love.Art Exhibition During Oscar Week in Los Angeles, CA----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(February 23, 2010, Los Angeles, CA) - MANIFESTEQUALITY(www.manifestequality.com) is now set to launch in its pop up space in the center of Hollywood on Wednesday, March 3 - Sunday, March 7, 2010. The MANIFESTEQUALITY Gallery issues a call-to-action, with artists motivating public energy toward true reform on a local, state and national level. Artists, grass roots activists, performers, celebrity guests, art collectors, musicians, public officials and the general public will display their works and show support at the MANIFESTEQUALITY Gallery in Hollywood, CA. just blocks from the Kodak Theater where the Academy Awards will be held. Participating artists include: Barry McGee, Harvey Pekar, Karen Kimmel, Robbie Conal, Ron English, Tierney Gearon, Shepard Fairey, Clare Rojas, Swoon and hundreds more.The MANIFESTEQUALITY gallery has gathered international and local artists in a call to present art that unites art, activism and the message of universal equal rights into a memorable multi-media 'moment'. Through Suffrage, the Equal Rights Amendment, the Prop 8 shockwaves, the legal battle for equal rights has been fought at different times, on differing fronts, for varied communities. In response to the growing resistance to equal rights for the LGBT population, the creative community is gathering, during Oscar Week to bring inspiration through the creation of original artworks, performances and special installations that raise visibility for the grass roots efforts to ensure full Equal Rights to LGBT Americans. Upper Playground (www.upperplayground.com) will be working with the artists and offering sales services to assist in the fundraising for this cause. The MANIFESTEQUALITY gallery interior has been designed by artist Jed Lind in collaboration with local LA Design team COMMUNE (www.communedesign.com ) headed by Roman Alonso and Steven Johanknecht with a generous contribution by the ReUse People.
Aaron Rose and his arts organization Make Something School (www.makesomethingworkshops.com) will host students on Saturday March 6, 2010 who are between the ages of 16 - 21. Aaron dreamed up a nationwide series of art workshops for teens. His intention was simple: to introduce a new generation of creative minds to the concept of DIY.MANIFESTEQUALITY Schedule of Events include:March 2, Tuesday 7pm - 10pm Invitation Only: VIP and Media PreviewCourage Campaign Presents: Legendary activist and organizer, Cleve JonesCleve conceived of the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt which at 54 tons, has become the world's largest piece of community folk art. Jones is portrayed by actor Emile Hirsch in MILK, director Gus Van Sant's 2008 film about the life of Harvey Milk. More recently Cleve recognized the need for a national stage in the equality debate and together with activists from around the country he spear-headed the National Equality March this past November. He is an adviser to and works closely with the Courage Campaign.Musical Performance by Emily Wells - is a violinist whose style merges hip-hop and classicals. She also uses many other instruments in her work, including glockenspiels, analog synthesizers, and even toy pianos and other toy instruments.DJ Diabetic (aka Shepard Fairey)March 3, Wednesday 10am - 6pm Gallery Open to the Public8pm - 1am Opening Night Party:Musical Guest: Uh Huh Her, Fitz & the Tantrums, and moreDJ Sets by: Tim Biskup, Chris Holmes, and Booby TrapMarch 4, Thursday 10am - 6pm Gallery open to the publicMarch 5, Friday 11am - 10pm Gallery open to the publicMarch 6, Saturday 10am - 6pm Gallery open to the public11am - 5pm Make Something School with Aaron Rose8pm - 1am Closing Night PartyMusical Guests: Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse, Sam Sparrow,DJ Sets by: Crystal Method and Kelly ColeMarch 7, Sunday 10am - 5pm Gallery open to the publicAdditonally throughout the week you catch DJ sets with: Daisy O'Dell, Adam 12 and Justin Warfield from She Wants Revenge, Boom Bip, Mia Moretti, Justin Allen, DJ AC, Dan Mancini, Rare Matthew, and more.MANIFESTEQUALITY's
- Presenting sponsors include Courage Campaign, Human Rights Campaign, MoveOn, Planet Illogica and Logo TV.
- With additional support from UpperPlayground, Blik Wall Graphics, Commune, No Favorite and Juxtapoz Art and Culture Magazine.
- Community partners include WhiteKnot, FAIR, EqualRoots, Renwl, Californaia Faith for Equality, Equality California, Black Lesbians Unite, Honor PAC, Homotracker, OutWest, Progressive Jewish Alliance, Latino Equality Alliance, and Generation For Change.Produced by the team behind the remarkably successful MANIFESTHOPE exhibitions/campaigns at the Democratic National Convention '08 and the Presidential Inauguration '09; including Taskforce, Apple Via & Co.; and Evolutionary Media Group.MANIFESTEQUALITY will serve as a touchstone event - a convergence of altruistic intention, artistic expression, community engagement and political momentum.MANIFESTEQUALITY1341 Vine Street
(between Hollywood & Fountain)
Los Angeles, CA 90028-8141March 3rd - March 7th, 2010
Wed & Thurs - 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat & Sun - 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Posted by Celesté @ 9:11:00 a. m.