CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival Editorial Director
CMJ is hiring an Editorial Director for the CMJ Music Marathon and Film Festival 2010. The candidate must be up to speed on the chaotic, volatile nature of today's music business, passionately driven and able to think outside the box.
- Conceptualize and create all text for Marathon in print and online
- Editing, copywriting and layout of the print CMJ Festival Guide
- Work closely with all Marathon departments: graphic design, marketing, showcase, IT, Film Festival to visually and editorially develop support materials and all Marathon text
- Ability to multi-task and work on short deadlines as needed
- Develop and organize schedule
- Liaise between each department head to be abreast of date-sensitive and logistical information pertaining to each facet of Marathon
Experience: Minimum of 3 years professional editorial experience, strong interest in emerging music industry and a working knowledge of film. Must have excellent copywriting skills, editing skills and attention to detail.
To apply, please e-mail resume, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com with the subject "CMJ Marathon Editorial Director."