Cutters DJing @ NYC Apple Store Monday Sept 22nd
FROM CUT COPY -
Hey everyone, come along to our iTunes in-store! It's Cut Copy vs KIM (The Presets) Tag Team DJ set, 2pm-3:30pm this Monday @ 401 W 14th Street iTunes Store (9th Ave, nr Hudson).
PLUS we have an after party at Santos later that night, get your tix from Ticketweb on the link below. OH YEAH!
sábado, septiembre 20
Cutters DJing @ NYC Apple Store Monday Sept 22nd
Posted by Celesté @ 10:55:00 p. m.
viernes, septiembre 19
If anyone is really willing to wait in line for this I am sure it would be an amazing experience to see the band in such a small space.
Brooklyn Academy of Music
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of
contemporary performing arts and cinema, seeks a full-time Publicity Manager to generate
media awareness and interest in BAM's events and artists as well as its institutional profile.
The Publicity Manager reports to the Director of Communications.
• Create, organize, and implement press campaigns for assigned main stage
performances during BAM's Next Wave Festival and Spring Season.
• Pitch stories to local, national, and international print, online, TV, and radio outlets to
generate coverage of BAM events, sometimes in collaboration with PR professionals
representing artists and companies presented by BAM.
• Develop timelines and strategy for advance press coverage of main stage performances,
as well as reviews, in conjunction with the Director of Communications.
• Ensure internal deadlines for press campaigns are met.
• Develop relationships with journalists from print, radio, TV, and the internet in order to
maximize coverage of BAM events.
• Identify new contacts and outlets to increase press exposure.
• Greet critics and journalists and distribute tickets and materials at performances.
• Research, write, proofread, edit, and secure approvals for assigned written materials,
including press releases, and pitch letters.
• Collaborate with Director of Communications, Publications Manager, and Marketing
Department to proofread and edit season brochures and other publications.
• Request and organize advance photos of events from companies and other BAM
• Liaise with press regarding tickets for assigned BAM engagements.
• Collaborate with Publicity Assistant on seating of press, as well as assembling materials
for critics (press kits, photos, scripts, etc.), and executing press release mailings
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum of 3 years PR experience
• Positive working relationships with journalists and editors at print, online, TV, and radio
• Extensive performing arts knowledge
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Familiarity with and passion for BAM programming a plus.
• Must be able to work daytimes, evenings and weekends as required
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Outgoing and friendly personality
• Ability to work well under deadline with multiple projects
We offer a competitive salary plus a full benefit package.
How to Apply:
Complete an application at
We're looking to hire an Online Marketing/New Media person here at Warner's Independent Label Group, our old New Media guy just got a great new job w/in WMG for WEA. Job description is attached - Ideal candidate is someone who's young, hungry, tech savvy and very familiar w/the online space. Someone who's into the 'scene' and understands the different kinds of artists we work with is very necessary - for examples of the bands we work with people can check out our press assets page here: http://eastwest.ilgpress.com/ - This is way more of an entry level position than anything else... Ideal person is someone who's got online marketing/pr experience and looking for a great place to work, learn and grow. Attached is the job description.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Oversee online contests and contest fulfillment
• Building email blasts
• Gathering and servicing assets to new media outlets
• Creating and maintaining artist mailing lists
• Coordinate and arrange online features/events in order to increase visibility
• Assist in the marketing of artist ringtones.
• Servicing news bits, e-cards and artist videos to new media outlets
• Work with online marketing websites (Yahoo, AOL, MySpace etc.) to maximize ILG/East West artist exposure
• Coordinate with WMG digital properties to build and maintain all controlled EW/ ILG websites
• Coordinate with other departments (promo, publicity, tour) to maximize artist exposure online
• Extensive Online knowledge
• Good Communication
• Team Oriented
• Some Programming Proficiency
• Strong ability to multi-task and handle pressure
• Strong organizational skills
• College preferred
• 2 years online marketing experience
Begin forwarded message:
Hey L337 h4ck3r5! I thought that you or someone you know might be
interested in a job opportunity at my company. The pay is good and its a
great work environment, not like the high school cliques of the times
square offices of Conde Nast.
At CondeNet, we create tailored brands and online experiences for our
clients and create buzz by partnering campaigns with one of our successful
web communities (such as epicurious, style, mens style, wired, reddit,
concierge) or one of Conde Nast's popular magazines (such as Vogue,
Glamour, Lucky, Vanity Fair, GQ, Architectural Digest, Domino, Self).
On my team, we often have concurrent tight deadlines but recently on top
of that have needed to build new technologies, such as content management
systems and tracking systems, and need to expand our team to do all this
So, we are looking for a freelance front end web developer and PHP
programmer. It is a 4 month on site contract. The hours are 9:30-6:00 and
our office is located in midtown Manhattan.
If you or someone you know is interested or has any questions, please
email me at amanda_berkowitz[at]condenet[dot]com. You can send your resumes there
jueves, septiembre 18
miércoles, septiembre 17
Posted by Celesté @ 1:50:00 p. m.