Brooklyn Academy of Music
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of
contemporary performing arts and cinema, seeks a full-time Publicity Manager to generate
media awareness and interest in BAM's events and artists as well as its institutional profile.
The Publicity Manager reports to the Director of Communications.
• Create, organize, and implement press campaigns for assigned main stage
performances during BAM's Next Wave Festival and Spring Season.
• Pitch stories to local, national, and international print, online, TV, and radio outlets to
generate coverage of BAM events, sometimes in collaboration with PR professionals
representing artists and companies presented by BAM.
• Develop timelines and strategy for advance press coverage of main stage performances,
as well as reviews, in conjunction with the Director of Communications.
• Ensure internal deadlines for press campaigns are met.
• Develop relationships with journalists from print, radio, TV, and the internet in order to
maximize coverage of BAM events.
• Identify new contacts and outlets to increase press exposure.
• Greet critics and journalists and distribute tickets and materials at performances.
• Research, write, proofread, edit, and secure approvals for assigned written materials,
including press releases, and pitch letters.
• Collaborate with Director of Communications, Publications Manager, and Marketing
Department to proofread and edit season brochures and other publications.
• Request and organize advance photos of events from companies and other BAM
• Liaise with press regarding tickets for assigned BAM engagements.
• Collaborate with Publicity Assistant on seating of press, as well as assembling materials
for critics (press kits, photos, scripts, etc.), and executing press release mailings
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum of 3 years PR experience
• Positive working relationships with journalists and editors at print, online, TV, and radio
• Extensive performing arts knowledge
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Familiarity with and passion for BAM programming a plus.
• Must be able to work daytimes, evenings and weekends as required
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Outgoing and friendly personality
• Ability to work well under deadline with multiple projects
We offer a competitive salary plus a full benefit package.
How to Apply:
Complete an application at
viernes, septiembre 19
Posted by Celesté @ 7:37:00 a. m.