jueves, noviembre 3

Nico's "These Days"

"These Days" production value, even remastered, is like everything you expect out of a self-published book. *Shudder*
The end of the melody in the first verse reminds me of a Belle & Sebastian song off "The Boy With The Arab Strap."
I think it would be good to follow up this song on a mix tape with The Rentals' "These Days."
Same sentiment, different delivery.

I think the one factor I find it hard to overlook in the track is Nico's voice.
It's not horrible, I just don't think that its the best match for the melody.
Here is a list of people who I think would do the song justice, and who should seriously consider doing a cover version: Kings of Convenience, Johanna Wright aka Hanner, Rebecca Pronsky, Fran Healy, the dudes in Air - the french band, Martha or Rufus Wainwright, Alex Greenwald, Nate Bott, Toko or John of Enon, Chan Marshall, Shane Bartell, Tim Kinsella, Mike Kinsella, Nate Kinsella, Oly, Luke Haines, Seu Jorge, Fiona Apple, Madonna, Boy George, and Annie. Just to name a few.

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora