lunes, enero 2

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark's "So In Love"

I still couldn’t believe it when I got into James Barron’s hot 80s pick up truck last winter and OMD’s “Electricity” was playing. It’s just kind of unlike him to be playing it, I guess. Rather my impression of him wouldn’t be playing that song in his truck, anyway. I have little to say about “Electricity” because it’s not one of OMD’s better songs – it’s cute and kitchy but after awhile it grates.
“So In Love” is endearing. Whenever I become disillusioned with a crush/significant other I tend to rush into this song. It’s nearly perfect for feeling like, “Dude. I was so blinded that I didn’t see you aren’t perfect and are not only flawed but I've realized that you’re kind of fucked up.”
Except OMD put it more eloquently by singing:
I was so impressed by you/I was running blind/I would fall for every trick/Every twist of mind... It's hard to believe/I was so in love with you... You were so in awe of me/You were so divine/You would do just anything/To still be mine...All the things you said to me/I was so obsessed/You were always talking talking/God I did my best
Brutal.
And with the sweet falsetto of a chorus, this song is separation perfection; A must for any break-up mix – along with select track’s off of Lush’s “Lovelife” album and Beyonce’s “Me, Myself, & I”

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora