jueves, enero 19

Ride's "Like A Daydream"

I’m sitting at the restaurant in the hotel we’re staying in, everyone in the room is asleep. I couldn’t sleep very well. Brian and The Bear were taking turns at a snoring contest (that resembled dueling banjos – except it was snoring, I think Brian might have even said a whole audible word once too); looks like I’m a light sleeper this week. We haven’t moved into the cabin/chateau/townhouse we’ve got for Sundance – but we’re supposed to move in there for the next four days today. (We check out at 2p.)
It snowed about 6-8 inches here according to the nice waitres named Diane who is bottle blonde and looks as if she has probably worked here (or some similar dineresque job) for her entire adult life, holy fuck it’s pretty. I mean, okay – obviously I’ve lived in Minneapolis and Chicago so snow isn’t a new thing but snow + wilderness + mountains = holy fuck. I almost want to go skiing, and if I lose my mind at some point in my next 6 days here in Park City, Utah – I probably will. Cross-countrying at least.

So I’ve eaten my breakfast, probably the worst eggs I’ve ever had – but I’ve also never woken up early enough for the complimentary breakfast when I’ve been staying at a hotel before. It’s like pounds of food that you have to pick through. For myself, it was eggs, bacon, and a pancake. Now that I think about it, I wish all places were like this... Because usually I want a tiny little bit of everything, and then I’m forced into choosing some dish I only half want.

This Ride song is probably the best I’ve got in my collection to accompany this super early morning. (it’s like 10:19a Mountain time, but really – I woke up at 8a, after spending an hour awake from 5-6, having only gone to bed at 3a to The Bear & Parag watching Ocean’s Twelve.) While it’s still dreampoppy, it’s more upbeat and has this driving urgency to it that parallels how I feel today. Achingly tired, and yet totally awake.

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora