viernes, marzo 3

Efterklang's "Monopolist"

Like many of you, I work my day away with itunes on shuffle. All the things I wouldn't normally choose to play resurface at my computer's will. I think Oliverio might have even transferred this track onto my sad little full hard drive while I was in New York three weeks ago (though I got a portable one yesterday that I now claim to be my lord and saviour).


Anyway, the song... it's a smidge less than 7 minutes long and travels from your typical driving electronic beat to quicksand pianos and darting keyboards sifted through some filters. The vocals remind me of what Amish church songs might sound like. It's creepy, like a real-life fling with your socially unacceptable relationship with your professor, and I like it. Thank you weirdo Danish ensemble!








Here's what Pitchfork had to say about it.

2 comentarios:

oliverio dijo...

I just heard 3 new songs that Burnt Toast Vinyl will be releasing as a one-sided LP (w/etching) in the next few months as sort of a teaser for the next record on Leaf. All 3 are tracks of beauty that you'd expect from these fine Danes. This record is going to end up being a fine little slab of vinyl to own...

Celesté dijo...

Sharing is caring?

Oh, maybe you should tell people about the podcast so they can hear all these goodies!

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora