jueves, abril 6

the cure's "pictures of you"

"I've been looking so long at these pictures of you
That I almost believe that they're real
I've been living so long with my pictures of you
That I almost believe that the pictures are
All I can feel..."


Spring is here or something. Everyone's love-sick it seems... I thought this Cure song would be... well, the cure to some of these "feelings" my friends are spreading around like the change-of-weather germs we exchange with hugs and handshakes. Spring makes us all little pussy(cat)s. How better to share the oogly googly sentiment - that a shift in pollen, new flowers and better weather cause - than Robert Smith's crooning about some lover he once had - with only pictures to preserve the memory?

"You were bigger and brighter and wider than snow
And screamed at the make-believe
Screamed at the sky..."

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora