domingo, abril 2

Saxon Shore's "The Shaping of a Helpless Joy"

If Tristeza were still what I longed for them to be, they would be Saxon Shore. That's strange for me to say because SS just got done with a tour in Japan with Tristeza - so I mean, whoever booked it is probably under the same train of thought.
The driving drum rolls on this song are what pinned my ear, and the layers of guitars hooked me in further. However, the sonic sounds panning left to right and back again are what caught my soul...
Listen, I know this is Oliver's band - but anyone will tell you that I'm not inclined to just like a band because my friend is in it. I sincerely like this album! It is fucking good.
It's a bit timeless - is it from 1992? 2018? -or- Are you waking up to it? Falling asleep? Still dreaming?
And there's no distinct [name of city here] sound - San Diego? Cork, Ireland? Kyoto, Japan? It's just good music on a good consistent, fluid album. Inspiring.

saxonshore.com

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora