viernes, mayo 12

Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam w/ Full Force's "I Wonder If I Take You Home"

I haven't really been in a freestyle mood these days - but I just watched this freestyle classic's video and it made my day. I was too young to ever notice when it was on the air - but this video features interracial couplings (not just ONE couple either) and it makes me proud (being a half-breed myself). And to do this public display in 1985, well - that's fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure in NYC (where this group is from) and other urban hot spots, interracial couplings ran rampant in the 80's but for middle america MTV watchers, I'm sure it was effective! It might be silly, somehow (and I obviously should be) I am very grateful that this video was in rotation. Even if I was seven or eight when it hit the airwaves. Thanks to youtube.com - it can live on...

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora