miércoles, mayo 17

The Replacements' "Answering Machine"

Just vocals and sometimes a standard answering machine loop over a distorted delayed guitar until the end when a tambourine comes in and replaces the vocals... it's the perfect way to convey the song's lyrics.

Try to breathe some life into a letter / Losing hope, never gonna be together / My courage is at it's peak / You know what I mean / How do say you're O.K. to an answering machine? / How do you say good night to an answering machine?

Big town's got its losers / Small town's got its vices / A handful of friends / One needs a match, one needs some ice / Call-waiting phone in another time zone / How do you say I miss you to an answering machine? / How do say good night to an answering machine?

I get enough of that

Try to free a slave of ignorance / Try and teach a whore about romance

How do you say I miss you to an answering machine?
How do you say good night to an answering machine?
How do you say I'm lonely to an answering machine?
The message is very plain
Oh, I hate your answering machine
I hate your answering machine
I hate your answering machine...


On an end note... could it be that I've finally decided that I like "Tim" better than "Let It Be?" Don't close the voting polls just yet.

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora