miércoles, junio 14

Halloween, Alaska's "I Can't Live Without My Radio"
(*LL Cool J cover)

Minneapolis, MN's HALLOWEEN, ALASKA released a second album, entitled "Too Tall to Hide," continues in the same moody, spellbinding vein, occasionally pushing its mix of organic and electronic elements to more restless extremes.

Among the new tracks is a heartfelt quasi-cover of "I Can't Live Without My Radio," LL Cool J's classic ode to the almighty boombox. Says the band of the cover:
"There are numerous pop covers of hip-hop tracks out there, many of which are meant to be ironic or clever or funny. Our version of 'I Can't Live Without My Radio' is intended as a sincere tribute. We love iPods and small, ultra-personalized gadgetry as much as the next band, but we lament the slow drift of the huge-as-f**k boombox into retro obscurity. There is no better tool for real-time file-sharing in the public sphere. If you have one, use it."

(For the record, I love my boom box! My roommate just got me a new one for my birthday. I really can't live without it.)




www.halloweenalaska.com
Related: The Bad Plus, Happy Apple, Love-Cars, 12Rods

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora