domingo, septiembre 24

Yaz's "Only You"

Day 2 of packing. Lisa came over this morning. She was in town for Gwen's wedding party. We walked over to have coffee and scones @ Alliance Bakery (best Mochas in the 60622/60647) and then she took off to St. Louis. She was nice enough to take two little boxes for me since she's driving back to L.A. and we live literally down the street from each other. Later, after Barbara & her shorty left and while waiting on Leslie to come by with more boxes, I was tuned into Vh1 Classic (top 5 fave channel BTW) and this Yaz hit came on. This simplistic Yaz hit is sweet, romantic and familiar. (Probably because it's been featured in a couple movies that seem to play over and over like Napoleon Dynamite & Can't Hardly Wait.) You'll know it as soon as the chorus hits: All I needed was the love you gave/All I needed for another day/And all I have to do/Only you. As for packing & day two of the move... My clothes are all sorted, and the office is 90% packed. Now it's odds and ends. Luckily I've hardly been in Chicago/home this year and have gone without these things cluttering my surroundings and so I know I don't really need the stuff immediately. Plans to hang out with Smith tomorrow. Steve on Tuesday. Rachel either tomorrow or Tuesday - I'm banking on Tues so we can get mani/pedi/waxes or something... Now if only I knew where I put my phone charger, I'll be golden... Ahh! Found it!

ps) Anyone know why there are other versions of this song out by the artist credited as "Yazoo?"
ps2) Why isn't this video on YouTube.com? Hmm? (It's pretty rad with mannequins and shares the vibe of Björk's "All Is Full Of Love.")

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora