domingo, diciembre 17

Headless Historicals


John and I went to see Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" yesterday at the Fairfax Cinema. Like any other cheap seats, we had to deal with some sort of annoyance - and for this one it was white noise like that of Ryoji Ikeda - whom we actually both listen to. Despite the white noise drowning out some of the 12 sentences actually uttered in the movie, we joked that we were attending the screening where Ikeda remixed the soundtrack.

Because I was going to send John an email of a portrait of Marie Antoinette, I googled the name - and found this site where they customize and handcraft dolls of historical figures in the horrid ways they died! From Mata Hari to Jayne Mansfield, Julius Caesar to Anne Boleyn. Fantastic! I can't wait to see whom else they manufacture!

Oh and about the actual film... I don't know what to say. I liked looking at it, but I'm not quite sure what it conveyed. If it's simply that Coppola wanted to show how ridiculous and frilly life as a Queen at 19 might be, then that came across well. But I don't feel the need to ever see the movie again.

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora