miércoles, enero 17

Heather Duby's "Would Have Liked You (I'm Pretty Sure)"

I just got off the phone with Elana, who is just starting her bartending shift at Bar in Brooklyn. I really miss her, even though she was prying for information and goings ons that don't currently exist in my life. And because fate is funny - this song came on right after I put the phone down, and I was inspired to dedicate this song to her. It's a bit of a personal joke. Or personal realism but if she wants you to know about it, she'll comment here.
Or you can ask her via this medium of modern communication. (She's a pretty rad person, so it can't hurt to drop her a lil' note.)

Just to make a small world smaller - I posted about Askeleton earlier this month and his brother played drums on this album. In fact I think Erin was telling me about it when he was recording with Heather... Viva le Taters!

About Heather Duby from her label's site: "Heather Duby is back with her 3rd full-length release, Heather Duby. Heather, a Portland singer-songwriter, moved to Seattle in 1994, and after several years of fronting her own band, released the Sub Pop LP Post to Wire. Come Across the River (2003) was Heather's first record on Sonic Boom and received rave reviews. Heather Duby was once again co-produced by Steve Fisk, and features Erin Tate (Minus the Bear) on drums."

Heather Duby - My Space
Heather Duby - Sonic Boom
Heather Duby - Sub Pop

[mp3] Heather Duby - Would Have Liked You (I'm Pretty Sure) [/mp3]

Buy this record at Amazon or iTunes

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora