martes, enero 2

The Telescopes' "Celeste"

Yes but no but yeah but no but... I know it can be rather narcissistic to post this but it is a great song apart from its unfortunate name... And dude - how many songs are even named "Celeste" that isn't from Aida the Opera or Donovan's song that has no mention of the title whatsoever. (Donovan wrote the song in 1966, had a daughter named Astrella Celeste in 1979, and the man himself shares my birth date - his in 1946.)
[Insert Twilight Zone Theme song here.]
Oh yes, about this brilliant song... Here's a great post by The White Noise Revisited about this song/band.

Anyway today some light narcissism is rather appropriate because I just might have lost my myspace.com profile. It was hacked earlier, I noticed because of a "NEW PICS POSTED!!" bulletin that was posted by me - only I didn't post it. So I changed my password, and my email - but I might've been too late because now it does not recognize my logins - old or new. Either way, it hasn't changed aesthetically so maybe I wasn't fully hacked (?) or maybe they're twiddling their thumbs and waiting to get me when it hurts. It might be a good thing: Losing a platform for that sort of addictive, time-wasting, vanity-type deal.



[mp3] Telescopes - Celeste [/mp3]
[Lyrics]
Thanks to Danny James for finding this track for me. The Celeste EP by Telescopes is hard to come by...
*mp3 only available for first 100 downloads.

A not-too-helpful Telescopes website
Telescopes on MySpace

By the way I'm giving Dr. Dro a run for his money.
Oh, and happy new year!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

thank you for posting this song it is hard to find and am glad to hear it again thank you!!

Celest dijo...

Sorry to burst in, but read the post by you about The Telescopes and theire song "celeste". the name of my band was choosen because of this song...

www.celestworld.com

best wishes, Anders

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora