viernes, febrero 16

Tortoise & Bonnie Prince Billy's "Love Is Love" (Lungfish Cover)


Okay if we have to talk "love" (and sometimes we do!) I will bring up this song. It's my favorite Lungfish song, and I actually like - and moreover respect - this Tortoise & Bonnie Prince Billy cover. Next to Depeche Mode's "Somebody" - it's a really good perspective not only to romantic love but to love in general...

When I lived in Chicago (god that's so weird to talk about that in a past-tense now) I frequented a place two neighborhood blocks away from my house called Rainbo, a bar located directly next to (or attached, even) SOMA recording studios - where "The Brave And The Bold" was being recorded. So, a few locals knew that Tortoise were collaborating with Will Oldham (aka Bonnie 'Prince' Billy) on a record. Was it a covers record? A few of us speculated... It was definitely a buzz for a minute or two in the neighborhood and I was excited about its outcome. When one of the engineers told me that they were covering "Love Is Love" I had mixed feelings. I did! Like I said - fave Lungfish song... and one should be scared of someone covering one of their favorite songs. Even though said engineer said it was really good - I didn't really accept or realize how great the cover was until I listened to it the third time. Anyway, it's fabulous. I've posted the cover and the original for you below:

The cover:
[mp3] Tortoise & Bonnie Prince Billy - Love Is Love [/mp3]
Buy "The Brave & The Bold" here: Amp Camp

The original:
[mp3] Lungfish - Love Is Love [/mp3]
Buy "Love Is Love" here: Amazon

*downloads available for first 100 peeps!

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora