sábado, enero 5

David Lynch on iPhone cinema


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0


Alessandro sent me this video at some ungodly hour for a Saturday, so I got it when I woke up and for the first time in a long time - woke up laughing. It's nice to see a celebrity poo-poo this form of viewing media. I haven't been a huge fan of Lynch for quite a few years, but I agree with him in that viewing a I've had a couple iPhone woes, such as the inability to cut-and-paste text, the incomplete downloading of email, and the inability to multiple text message people (coupled with the inability to cut and paste) is mightily annoying, to say the least. On one hand, all of you guys know that if you got a text message from me in the last few months, you know it's just for you. On the other, the way I communicate and the calibur I communicating in has been stunted.

So everyone who thinks the iPhone to be a "flawless" and "superior" machine - it's not completely true. (What machine is truly "flawless"?) I've realized that it truly depends on what you do with your phone, and what you need it for - and I perhaps jumped the gun in purchasing this phone. Damn peer pressure.

I called AT&T and asked them what options I had for going back to my Treo as far as utilizing my primary phone. Turns out there is a 30 day trial with the iPhone, even though you enter into a 2-year contract upon activating your iPhone. EVEN THOUGH I have been with Cingular/AT&T for years, I couldn't reverse out of my iPhone contract, even though I am not switching mobile carriers, without paying a penalty ($200 USD) as if I was breaking my contract with them period and moving to a different provider.

The honeymoon was long over - If you've been around me past the first week I got my iPhone, you might have hear me utter the words "Wanna trade phones" or "I hate my phone" or "I hate this phone" or "I'm getting ready to throw this out the window." And, well I do. I dislike the iPhone as a communication device. Blackberries and Treos are superior as messaging machines. Blackberries are better email devices, where Treos have better sound quality than BBerries. The iPhone is a superior all-in-one machine, it's just perhaps not as good at its individual tasks. It makes things less bulky, and obviously you're not carrying an ipod, your phone, a palm pilot, etc. In some cases you're even relieved of carrying a laptop - since the iPhone is a pretty good internet machine, and functions on available wireless networks. But dude, for what I personally use my phone for I really miss my Treo. My only option sounds like I would have to switch to a "family" plan, pay an additional $40 more, get a new SIM card for $25 because they won't let me reactivate my old SIM card, get less minutes monthly (900 + roller currently to 700 + rollover ongoing). I could also just pay the penalty for breaking my contract since 5 months into paying the stupid overage for an additional phone I can actually USE would cost the same amount of money.

Suggestions?

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora