Publication or Company _The Weather Channel_
(http://www.mediabistro.com/The-Weather-Channel-jobs-e21895.html) Industry Entertainment,
Internet/Online/New Media, TV/Cable Benefits 401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Flexible
Hours, Health Job Duration Full Time Job Location Atlanta, GA USA Job
Requirements This position is responsible for implementing communications and
media relations efforts for The Weather Channel's talent and programming
with a focus on consumer media outlets. This includes, but is not limited to
program/content publicity, talent publicity, program launches, research and
marketing. Work with consumer print, television, entertainment and trade
press to secure coverage of talent and programming. Write press releases and
other press materials and handle talent-related issues with respect to
press. Internally, work closely with talent and programming executives to
develop media strategy. Reports to director, public relations.
- Communicate and work with media to place stories on TWC talent and new
- Develop and maintain effective, proactive, relationships with media
(consumer, entertainment, trade, business, blogs, etc.) through regular
communication, on and off the record interviews and other tactics.
- Answer inquiries from reporters and arrange, prepare and cover
interviews between executives/talent and press.
- Develop and produces press releases and other media communications
material that is disseminated to the press.
- Serve as a key contact to the TWC programming division on public
- Develop briefing materials for talent and executives for media
- Serve as the dept point person for developing and implementing awards
- Work regularly with programming, brand communications, online and other
- Conduct hyper local outreach for programming
- Updates weather.com press site
- Manage distribution of screeners and other materials to media
- Participate in planning and execution of TWC presence at relevant
events such as TCA and NCTA
- Must have 5-7 years PR experience in television communications, public
relations, and/or media
- Must possesses positive relationships with major press outlets including
entertainment press, consumer print press, consumer TV, cable trades,
business media and the ability to create new relationships on multiple media
- Prior comprehensive experience promoting talent and programming to
consumer media required.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Journalism,etc) preferred.
- Strong writing and excellent oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the PR field including experience in media
relations, press strategy, development and execution of creative, strategic and well
thought communication plans, executive and talent preparation, media
training, story placement, and event coordination.
- Strong interest and background in television business including ratings;
emerging technologies in the television field including digital services,
HDTV and VOD; web and digital entertainment.
- Significant understanding of the mechanics and business issues of
television including programming, production, talent, producer relations, ad
sales and affiliate relations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication, in both
written and spoken forms, with internal partners.
- Accountable self-starter with "can-do" attitude.
- Strong online skills very important.
- Strong skills in listening, recalling information and following
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle challenges and provide quality solutions within
- Proven success as a manager as well as ability to support initiatives
that require teamwork.
- Must have strong time management skills. About Our Company The Weather
Channel Companies is comprised of three primary businesses: The Weather
Channel (TWCN), The Weather Channel Interactive (TWCi) and Weather Services
TWCN includes The Weather Channel (national domestic analog cable
network), The Weather Channel HD, Weatherscan (all-local weather digital cable
network), The Weather Channel Radio Network (TWCRN) and additional
video-on-demand and interactive TV products.
TWCi operates TWCC's portfolio of Internet-based lines of business through
Downloadable products consisting of the Desktop Weather application,
International web sites focused on the U.K., France, Germany and Hispanic
Emerging websites aimed at weather-related categories
WSI provides weather-related information services to businesses and
government agencies, serving three primary markets: media, aviation and energy.
WSI also operates Enterprise Electronics Corporation (EEC), which designs
and manufactures weather radar systems for use by U.S. television stations
and governments around the world.
TWCC is owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private
equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.
martes, junio 30
Posted by Celesté @ 11:44:00 a. m.