Leave a comment if you are interested.
Subject: Job Opening: Director of Merchandising
Hey All -- Passing along a job listing. Interested parties can contact me directly.
A retail digital music store is looking for an experienced and creative person to plan, implement, and oversee its on-site merchandising to drive customer engagement and commerce opportunities. The ideal candidate has experience in digital merchandising, excels at creative and strategic thinking, has worked in building and maintaining an online community to drive engagement and commerce, and possesses a broad and deep musical knowledge. The merchandiser will develop campaigns for new releases and special/seasonal promotions, and will use quantitative analytical tools to track merchandising success across various metrics. Writing skills are strongly preferred. Specific responsibilities include:
· Oversee merchandising (including scheduling and implementation) across multiple regional web sites
· Develop long term editorial and merchandising strategies based on priorities, themes, seasonal events, and catalogue expansion
· Collaborate closely with Editorial Director to conceive, schedule, and roll out features and modules to increase engagement and connect customers to the store's offerings
· Track, quantify, and evaluate response to merchandising across various business metrics
· Collaborate closely with internal departments on branding, marketing, and community projects
· Broad and deep knowledge of music across all styles, eras and genres
· Passion for and awareness of new and developing artists and music trends
· Minimum 3 yrs experience in digital merchandising and/or marketing in retail environment
· Creative problem-solver with proven ability to develop and successfully execute creative ideas
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Strong writing and editing skills. Unedited writing samples requested
· High proficiency with content management tools (Double Click, etc.), Excel, and a working knowledge of HTML
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) plan.