lunes, octubre 24

Big Star's "Thirteen"

Luckily, it's about 15 years too late for anyone to dedicate this song to me. Aptly timed, it could have very well been the song to ruin me for life.

"Won't you let me walk you home from school / Won't you let me meet you at the pool / Maybe Friday I can / get tickets for the dance / and I'll take you / Won't you tell your dad, "Get off my back" / Tell him what we said 'bout 'Paint It Black' / Rock 'n Roll is here to stay / Come inside where it's okay / And I'll shake you. / Won't you tell me what you're thinking of / Would you be an outlaw for my love / If it's so, well, let me know / If it's "no", well, I can go / I won't make you"

It's an incredible song. Moves me when ever I hear it. And lately, I've heard it being played many places making me hush conversations as I'm swept away but the acoustic guitars dancing around each other from left speaker to right. It's a ghost song. But ghost of what? It's not a marker of some sweet and tender time in my existence like "September Gurls" is. But in Thirteen's lyrical simplicity and romanticism is mirrored in its guitar and vocal arrangement. Makes me swoon everytime.

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora