jueves, noviembre 10

Eve's Plum's "Lost In Space"

When I first heard this song it was back in 1996 or so. Drive Thru records put out one of its first releases, a compilation called "Where's The Beef?" The disc held about 20+ songs, some of them really great like tracks from The Wrens, Moog, and this one - by Eve's Plum.

I can't believe its almost been 10 years since this song has floated around in my collection, and it still holds up as a great track. I mean really, this song could be out on modern radio and I wouldn't blink an eye. Maybe not timeless per say, but it has definitely spanned a decade. The guitar stylings and steady drumming just hasn't gotten old. Sung by a female, she's not annoying nor scary - she simply sounds emotive and true-to-life. The urgency of this song, the meaning behind the lyrics, it all melts together into a powerful three and a half minute song. As far as the band, however - I have no clue what happened to them. I suppose I could google it... Ahh, google.

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora