miércoles, noviembre 9

Jason Falkner's "Honey"

JF is completely underrated. I know, I know - if you had a dime for everytime you read that, etc. But from his work in Jellyfish and then in The Grays... I still reel from his album, "Can You Still Feel?" My sentiment towards it has never changed. I think it's brilliant, and sensationally orchestrated. As far as emoting the lyrics, Jason's voice is often dead-on.

With "Honey," there are loads of tounge-in-cheek moments (which indicate Mr. Falkner doesn't take himself TOO seriously) and even more well-placed musical moments. The que of someone in the control room, egg shakers, doubled/tripled vocals, cascade of guitars, miraculously balanced drums... I fear to actually proclaim it is a perfect song, but with that said it's pretty damn good. It gives me the warm fuzzies.

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora