domingo, abril 16

Lords of Dogtown

I know I know, you're going to say, "This is so 2005!"

Actually, if you're going to go there with me - this is really so 1976-79. And yeah well, the documentary "Dogtown and the Z Boys" is better if you're going for actual history. But this movie was certainly entertaining. Like a serious version of Dazed & Confused without school, and with a different kind of paddling.
John Robinson is awesome (and cute, despite being 7 years my junior - I can't help it I like long hair!) as Stacy Peralta, a personal hero of my preteen years for starting Powell Peralta. (You know, the skate company?!) God, I miss the days when the boys wore Bones t-shirts. They just seemed a lot better then...

And!

Heath Ledger, pre-Brokeback and totally seeming to imitate Val Kilmer's Jim Morrison in The Doors. He's pretty hilarious. Peralta directed and wrote this flick, and yeah he fluffed it a bit, but I still love the guy.
Not exactly the Oscar-winner, but like I said - it will entertain + it's worth more your netflix dinero than it would be if you saw it in the theater. Skate or die, dude!





Sony Pictures' "Lords of Dogtown" site

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora