domingo, enero 7

The Science of Sleep soundtrack

When I saw the movie for this soundtrack I was packing up to move back home to L.A. from Chicago, it was at a screening and of course I showed up later than everyone else so we ended up in the first row, but it didn't steer me away from ultimately loving Gondry's latest flick. In fact, the disorienting strain of watching a moving picture from the very front row of the theater worked well with this picture - given its blurred dream-vs-reality state. I'm not quite sure it would work with another film, even Amelie - which I've used as a reference point when asked for a short summary of this one,http://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif stating "It's Amelie from a boy's perspective."

I'm assuming it's either out on DVD or coming out soon, so I'm making a plea for you to see it soon if you can! Escape! Really!
Interestingly enough, I was sent the soundtrack a day or two before I saw the movie and it's lovely.

Here's a couple tracks from the peak of cuteness:
*Files only available for first 100 downloads

[mp3] If You Rescue Me (A Cappella) - performed by Linda Serbu; music by Lou Reed [/mp3]

[mp3] If You Rescue Me (Chanson des Chats) - performed by Gael García Bernal, Sacha Bourdo, Alain Chabat and Aurelia Petit; music by Lou Reed [/mp3]

Purchase: Amazon | iTunes

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

I for sure loved this movie! I never thought about the Amilie thing, but I for sure agree now that you bring it up! Now I must get this soundtrack! I didn't know it was around!

Celesté dijo...

It's a darling movie, isn't it?

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora