domingo, mayo 4

Radiohead: In Rainbows (From The Basement)



Holy shit. I haven't liked Radiohead like I loved Radiohead circa OK Computer until In Rainbows came out and restored my devotion. So when I saw the commercials for the premiere of Radiohead playing live on VH1 at midnight I decided to record it out of curiosity. So here I am, sitting on my couch and watching the VH1 "In Rainbows - From The Basement" and am very impressed, double-surprised. Maybe a little blown away. I can't say that I am a believer of the "live DVD" - I haven't enjoyed even those of my favorite artists like Bjørk. Personally, I've always just felt like watching an entire live performance on the small screen is so far removed from being there at the show (and that it might even be detrimental to the actual live show opinion/experience) so what's the point? Just listen to the album and see the show when you can, right? But this - it's like watching a rehearsal of your friends band... Thom Yorke has a little beardo happening and that's always welcomed. Johnny Greenwood, successfully faceless for most of it. I even love what each one of them is wearing.

One might liken this performance/taping/show to Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil" and Fugazi's "Instrument" - cinematically speaking. The lightning is beautiful and each of the songs sound immaculate. I've still got this on the good ol' DVR so if you want to see it, you can come over whenever I am back home.

The bummer: the stupid VH1 commercials. At least I can fast forward through them but there's nothing as jarring as hearing about "The Femme-C's doing Shakespeare on the next Miss Rap Supreme."

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1586639&vid=230406
http://blog.vh1.com/2008-04-28/sneak-peek-radiohead-in-your-basement/

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora