Director, Marketing Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC)
The Director is responsible for directing and managing the marketing strategy of Jazz at
Lincoln Center (JALC), with a primary focus on building/sustaining concert audiences and
achieving aggressive annual revenue goals for subscription and single ticket sales.
Working in partnership with the Director of Creative Services, he/she takes a lead role in
institutional brand management, creating and upholding a stylish and consistent local,
national, and virtual identity for Jazz at Lincoln Center, the Jazz at Lincoln Center
Orchestra, Frederick P. Rose Hall, and a variety of consumer products and intellectual
The Director is a member of JALC's senior management team and works closely with the
directors of the other External Affairs divisions (Development and Public Relations) to
ensure effective and consistent external communications. He/she supervises a staff of
full-time staff members and is responsible for establishing a collegial, creative and
productive work environment.
• Ticketing and Subscription Services
• Conceive and manage execution of marketing plan for all performances that
encompasses print/media placement, direct mail, telemarketing, and
grassroots/communit y-based initiatives.
• Develop the strategies and policies for pricing and utilization of ticket inventory for the
dual goals of meeting income targets and maintaining accessibility.
• Oversee customer services programs and policies.
• Work closely with Box Office Manager and Vice President of Frederick P. Rose Hall to
create and maintain effective ticketing and accounting systems.
• Develop subscription and ticket packages for concert and education season.
• Oversee execution of group sales marketing plan.
• Working with the Director of Creative Services, Web Master, and Director of
Development, create contemporary and comprehensive strategy for effective on-line ticket
sales and contributed income acquisition/ retention.
• Provide marketing support for all aspects of the organization' s operations, including:
Frederick P. Rose Hall venue rentals; Education activities and products; Membership
acquisition/ retention; upper-level donor group activities; two annual large-scale gala
benefit events; major corporate sponsorship accounts; national and international tours of
the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra; and nightly performances at Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola.
• Work closely with Public Relations Department to maximize promotion of organization' s
• Image Management and Branding
• Establish, develop and implement comprehensive short and long-range strategic brand
marketing plans in support of JALC's overall mission, values and financial objectives.
• Provide leadership in the organization' s development of internal and external cross-
marketing opportunities that consistently define and enhance JALC's reputation as the
world's premier non-profit performing arts institution dedicated to the presentation and
preservation of jazz music.
• Market Research and Audience Development
• Generate and use market research to develop strategies for growing audiences and
increasing ticket sales.
• Oversee the building, maintenance and effective use of JALC's patron database.
• Financial and Management
• Develop and manage the marketing operating budget.
• Increase revenues through effective marketing of all JALC activities and products.
• Negotiate contract terms and conditions for major marketing and advertising services.
• Direct and guide the preparation of marketing activity reports and regularly present
these reports to senior management and to members of the Board.
• Supervisory Responsibilities
• Supervise a department of 8 full-time staff members.
• 7 to 10 years of marketing and/or advertising management experience within an
entertainment or performing arts center environment.
• Effective and creative strategic thinker and planner.
• Demonstrated experience managing a team of creative employees
• Experience with serving and building audiences, overseeing and utilizing market
research, conducting advertising and promotional campaigns, managing systems.
• Highly developed creative and analytical skills.
• Energetic passion for establishing JALC as the global leader of jazz music and a track
record that would suggest success in creating ways to accomplish such.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, train and develop people and to get results through others.
• Ability to think ahead and plan over five year period and beyond.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Experience developing and managing budgets.
• Problem analysis and problem solver at both a strategic and functional level.
• Strong customer orientation demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication
and presentation skills.
• Commitment to quality, accuracy and thoroughness and to JALC's mission and values
• Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team-based environment.
• Beneficial Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of jazz music.
• Experience working in a non-profit performing arts environment.
If you believe your background and experience qualify you for consideration based on the criteria we've outlined, please send your resume and salary requirements to HR[at]@jalc[dot]org
Please write "Director, Marketing" in the SUBJECT line of your email.
viernes, septiembre 5
Director, Marketing Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC)
Posted by Celesté @ 12:58:00 p. m.