SCC Job Posting: Associate Educator
The Skirball Cultural Center (SCC) of Los Angeles, a dynamic cultural
institution devoted to exploring connections across cultures and
communities, is seeking an Associate Educator of Family Programs as a key
member of its Education Department. The Skirball's family programs include
outdoor, gallery-based, and performance-based experiences that serve more
than 100,000 visitors annually. These offerings have expanded significantly
with the opening in 2007 of Noah's Ark at the Skirball, an award-winning,
participatory destination for young children and families.
The Associate Educator reports to the Head of Family Programs. S/he is
responsible for the development and implementation of participatory and
experiential activities, workshops, festival programs, camps, etc., for
children of all ages and their families who come to the Skirball.
The Associate Educator position requires weekend work (especially Sundays)
on a regular basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Selects, plans, organizes and implements a wide variety of arts programs,
drop-in activities, festivals and workshops for families and children.
• Develops curricula for weekend family workshops related to Noah's Ark,
Archaeology and changing exhibitions; teaches/implements programs;
coordinates/reserves space; purchases supplies.
• Develops curricula for themed toddler programs; teaches/implements
programs; develops budget; coordinates/reserves space; tracks payments and
enrollments; purchases supplies and snacks.
• Communicates and works with artists presenting programs at the Skirball,
advises or collaborates on content when needed; ensures they have
appropriate space and supplies/props; responds to any particular
requirements or requests to ensure program meets expectations.
• Manages summer interns working with studio programs, camps, toddler
programs, and family workshops.
• Recruits and trains teen volunteers to work in family and performance
programs; manages volunteers during workshops and programs.
• Purchases supplies and equipment; maintains inventory; ensures adequate
stock is on hand; orders more as needed.
• Runs drop-in art family studio programs daily during school breaks.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in arts education, museum education, or
• Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing educational programs in
a non-traditional setting for children and families.
• Professional experience in museum education, arts education, or related
• Very effective oral, written, and listening communications skills and the
ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and
• A willingness to assist where needed; accept and support change; and
recognize individual differences when interacting with team members.
• Excellent written communication skills, including strong editing skills.
• Knowledge of Jewish culture and history and/or background in cultural
• Artistic ability and experience desirable.
• A keen appreciation and understanding of the Skirball Cultural Center
mission and philosophy.
• Organizational skills sufficient to plan and organize projects and
• Personal computer skills; proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel,
• Current and valid driver's license and proof of insurance if using vehicle
while traveling on the Center's business.
• Ability to work weekend days, especially Sundays, on a regular basis.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Or send copies to:
Human Resources Department
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
lunes, mayo 4
SCC Job Posting: Associate Educator
Posted by Celesté @ 10:20:00 p. m.