Job Description: Requirements: Pandora (www.pandora.com) is revolutionizing the way music lovers discover new music while listening to their favorite artists and tunes. Pandora's personalized music service is powered by the Music Genome Project, the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken. Pandora taps into a massive musical collection to deliver a service available anytime and anywhere - on the computer, in the home, and on mobile devices. Members of the Pandora community build their own profiles, and connect to others to share in their musical experience.
Location: Oakland, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Advertising Project Manager (APM) is a key contributor in the Advertising and Sales Operations team, responsible for building and managing a team that will implement, maintain and optimize large, customized online advertising campaigns. This position combines both individual contribution with team management and involves sales and client support, campaign project management, execution and reporting. The APM is expected to perform as a team leader, training and managing newer employees and offering suggestions to improve current processes in Ad Operations at Pandora. This role is aligned to the East Coast Territory and reports to the Sr. Advertising Project Manager. APM will serve as a primary point of contact for Ad Ops inquiries coming out of the East Coast Territory.
· Ensure that online advertising campaigns managed by self and team are implemented in an accurate and timely manner to ensure complete and accurate revenue recognition. Provide regular updates and reports to Sr. APM.
· Build project schedules/timelines and manage projects/resources to launch on time and within budget.
· Maintain exceptional standards of quality through accurate and timely fulfillment of all IOs.
· Successfully manage larger, custom, cross-platform advertising projects including implementation of new ad products and programs.
· Develop expert-level functional and technical understanding of Pandora's Ad Product suite. Confidently lead cross-departmental calls regarding ad product functionality/design and participate in pre-sales brainstorm sessions to vet out ad product feasibility.
· Serve as a mentor to newer/junior team members, leading by example and passing down best practices for successful campaign management. Identify improvements to existing business processes and be an active contributor to the growth of the Ad Ops department.
· Provide high-quality support to the sales team in the territory of alignment. Develop a good understanding of the pre-sales pipeline and be able to answer questions regarding inventory availability, product specs, functionality and timelines.
· Possess thorough understanding of billing and reconciliation processes. Monitor / reconcile campaigns across delivery, financial and third party ad serving systems.
· Perform regular quality assurance/quality control checks on client campaigns to ensure they are running as contracted. Develop and enhance systems to track, measure, and analyze the performance of multiple campaigns.
· Develop / update / maintain detailed client campaign reports on a weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly basis.
· Work collaboratively with sales to recommend campaign pacing and optimization modifications, leveraging understanding of advertiser and product performance.
· Work with graphical advertising, 3rd party advertising tags, and Rich Media creative. Cultivate positive business relationships with clients and advertising, graphic design and technical teams.
· Work directly with client on any and all elements related to creative specifications and submission. Act as client / sales contact for any campaign performance questions and other issues.
· Have superior understanding of ad trafficking operations, 3rd party advertising tags, rich media creative, systems and platforms. Troubleshoot any ad creative issues that impact tracking, implementation, or reporting.
· Support on-call program (as needed) to enhance campaign and quality support during non-business hours.
· 2-4 years experience in online advertising, project management, client services or marketing required.
· Experience managing/building a team required.
· Experience with one or more online ad servers/order management systems required. (Particularly DoubleClick™ DFP or DSM product a plus.)
· Experience with mobile, audio and video advertising operations platforms a plus.
· Extremely proactive and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner.
· Excellent client service, organizational abilities, and verbal and written communication skills with both internal colleagues and external clients.
· Enjoy working independently and in a collaborative team environment, sharing knowledge across the department.
· Results-driven with strong analytical skills
· Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel.
Pandora has quickly become one of the largest online music services, well-funded and with over 13 million registered users and growing fast. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, a downtown Oakland location walking distance from BART and with easy freeway access, and, above all, a terrific team and great work environment.
Pandora (www.pandora.com) is revolutionizing the way music lovers discover new music while listening to their favorite artists and tunes. Pandora's personalized music service is powered by the Music Genome Project, the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken. Pandora taps into a massive musical collection to deliver a service available anytime and anywhere - on the computer, in the home, and on mobile devices. Members of the Pandora community build their own profiles, and connect to others to share in their musical experience.