miércoles, septiembre 27

The video for James' "Laid"

Day 5. I wrote about James' "Laid" previously... sometime in November. But today my friend James ("The Barron") was over and the video played on Vh1 classic as soon as I pryed the remote from his hands to change it from Vh1 Hits. (He also revealed that James' lead singer came out of the closet "finally" and "as if he had to come out at all.") Surprisingly I had never seen the video before, it was so cute - especially in contrast with the videos on the other Vh1 channel. Before he came to hang out, I was working all day alone in the apartment and cleaning up after my packing flurry. Fortunately for me, James used to come over all the time and takes little entertaining and doesn't seem to mind if my back is turned towards him while I work and stop-and-start conversation with him. Alex "The Mexican" showed up shortly after "The Barron" left, at the same time that Barbara showed up with her entire family. They took the bed + frame, a box of hangers, and my little tidy dresser. I love that bed by the way... I will miss it.

(On the wall by my bed is a little piece of a magazine I cut out that has a picture of an unmade bed that says:
"Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind, friends, bed the most"

With all the traveling I've done this year, when I finally did make it back to Chicago for two days or two weeks - the longest being almost a month back -

[break in blogging]

I forgot what I was typing because above, I was at the office with The Bear (James Kenler, not to be mistaken with James Barron, mentioned above.) and The Bobcat (Jesse). Probably my last time there in awhile...

So yes, after that all moving of my furnishings was done, Dana stopped by but then had to hang out at my house alone while Hope and I moved my big huge painting and four boxes to Barbara's so that she can UPS it from her work place. Hope & I then returned to my house. Dana and I talked shop, and soon Project Runway was on. What a freaking dick-tease this episode was! Maria came over soon as that was done, Hope and Dana left, and then The Bear and Jesse showed up. Maria went home, and The Bear and Jesse and I went to the office... which is where I was typing that last entry.

Oh how I love that office. I mean, sure - I couldn't work from there because of all the hustle and bustle and it's cold as fuck in the winter time and hot as fuck in the summer time but it was still where I got my mail; Which by working standards it was "home" to Solid Chicago - same as where your heart is, or where you lay your head... after that The Bear and I took Jesse to Maria's and then went to the post office downtown that's open 24 hours. You can imagine what kind of characters show up to the post office at say 1:30am (which is what time it was around when we got there, and also the time that I usually make it there for a mailing). Luckily there was no line and we brought 7 packages - 3 of which were heavy boxes full of books, dvds, and cds. (USPS' media mail rate is rad.) And one record package for Jason Foster. I sent him my Genesis & Peter Gabriel 7 inches even though he thinks I hate him. After that was all posted up and sent away, we returned to my house to move part 2 of the couch to The Bear's house. (OH GOD WILL I MISS THAT COUCH.) The Bear moved in 2 years ago, but you wouldn't be able to tell by the looks of the place since he's so busy with Flameshovel all the time... then I took a taxi home, did some work and finally went to bed around 330a.

ps) I also finished a 20" x 40 " painting I was making for The Bear's house. I plan to finish three more (smaller ones) before getting on that plane. Serious!

No hay comentarios:

© 2009-2010 celeste tabora